Sunday, April 24, 2011

dress update/ first outfit post!



Dress- Hand made
Shoes- Urban Outfitters
Petticoat- Thrifted
Belt- Thrifted 


I blogged a week or two earlier about a dress I was making from a 1954 pattern which I have now finished and am just in love with how it turned out. I think I will be making lots more dresses from this pattern ;) It is amazing how different old patterns are from todays patterns. First, and this may be my favorite part, you do not have to cut out the pattern!! this saves so much time and sanity. There is only one size in the pattern and you just pin it straight on to the fabric with out having to cut out your size. Then you just cut the fabric between the two lines on the pattern and the edges of the pattern simply fall away. I wish they still made patterns like this however you can only make one size from one pattern which can be a bummer. Usually I just find patterns in roughly my size and then just adjust them to my actual measurements. I am getting better at doing this...when I first started sometimes it didn't turn out so well :) Well...I hope you like how it turned out also

Love,
Kellie May

No comments:

Post a Comment